Saturday, November 15, 2008

Weekend = Home cooking

I'm no loger a fashionista. I find shopping no longer fun... Nowadays, I only go shopping if I am in the mood. On the other hand, I am now addicted to cooking, and groccery shopping itself is half the fun!

That's why I can't wait for it to be a weekend - so that I get to cook something, and photographing it, too ;)

I cooked Hoe See poridge for lunch today. Hoe See is dried oyster. I'm not a wannabe chef (LOL!) but trust me, I cook my own recipes with passion and love. I'm already thinking of what to cook for tomorrow, and in doing that, am also dreaming of writing my own cook book... can ah?

Phatnfierce.com

Must have ALL the necessary ingredients.

Phatnfierce.com

Phatnfierce.com

Favourite salted eggs!

Phatnfierce.com

Phatnfierce.com

Favourite garnishing: salted carrot and spring onion...

My porridge style, I don't like putting fried onion. So I had boiled whole shallots until they are tender, along with my porridge...

Phatnfierce.com
Ready to eat! Final garnishing: fried transparent vermicelli, or 'soo hoon'

Phatnfierce.com

Simply delicious!

23 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Blogger [danial][ma] said...

hej! wahdi...simple meal normally brings out the great flavour...great congee...taste heaven!

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah nice entry....Kemas dan cantik gambar....Nice blog also....

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger ginseng4desoul said...

I like hoe see (dried oysters)tapi nak tunggu depa rendam dalam air untuk lembut tuh yg buat iols malas nak masak tuh. The possidge looks good though.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Muhafis said...

diZ is really nice blog..

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger aShaBuLz said...

erk..!! telur masin!! cant resist it!! huhu..

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger akupunyahal said...

home cooking mmg memuaskan hati kan...

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

masak porridge guna brown rice? tak terfikir pun. Sadep x?

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hej danial!
Agreed!! simply heaven kan?

WKS- thnx bro...

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger wahdi said...

Ginseng - i sblm masak mlm sebelum tu rendam siap2 uolss, tp mmg sedap yer bubur tu he he

Muhafiz - Thnx!!!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger wahdi said...

Ashabulz - me too! ;)

Malim- kan uolsss makan luar tak puas...

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger wahdi said...

Bernard- Sedap Bernard, tapi ada teknik masak dia ..but good for health kan?

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fy family and I like poridge too, I always having it at Kg. Baru, there were several store but l like Kak Mah restaurent infront of vision city. we could chose numbers of dishes as we like to eat with poridge.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

fariz- really? next time kalau i sesat ke sana i try ;) thnx!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Zunaidi Dali Great Eastern said...

yes..bet ur ecipe will be a best seller wth tht kind of pictures in it..

tp jgn jual mahal2 ye..

:)

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

thnx! hehe harga kawan2 je hehe

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

woooooooohhhhhh!! looks yummy!! gotta try this!!

i think u lagi pandai masakk dari i ni yg perempuan. huuhuu

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hanis- ahahha pandai tak lah cuma pandai2 je hehehe

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

perghhhh hebat la skill tukhang amik gambar ko. cool ! hehe :)

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

knizam- thnx bro! ;)

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uolss janji nak hantar sini skit..!!!!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

mr mussel- yg iol janji kerang uols bukan dried oyster!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wahdi.. bule kasi info pasal permakanan yang sehat, senaman sehat untuk kuruskan badan?


www.fiq-life.blogspot.com

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

hi fiq! sure boleh! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home