Wednesday, November 28, 2007

errrr My pic when i was kid ;)

It touched me a bit, reading Irwan's entry today... He shared some memorable photos of him as a kid...

The touching bit was, it all suddenly reminded me of my own childhood... I do not keep any photos from my younger days... All of the memorable pics have since gone missing, destroyed or totally "condemned"...

I remember having posted about this once before...

When I was a kid, my skin tone was really, really dark, and I had big eyes, with super curly hair. People around me called me an "anak negro" or "anak India"... an aunt even regarded me as the son of an Orang Minyak! I grew up somehow in a depressed state of mind... And when I was old enough to think about it, I asked myself if I was an adopted son??? Being surrounded by siblings with fair complexion, that seemed to be the only answer!

When I was about seven years old, the pressure and jeering from my friends made me hate seeing my own pics, or hated being photographed... So, I ended up ruining any pics which had my face... I scribbled my pics with magic color pens, or cut up the pics into small shreds, and threw them away... To mum, I was just being naughty... Furthermore, I dislike seeing myself in the mirror!

So... that was the touching bit of the memory of my childhood... But now, I sometimes laughed over it, asking why I was being so unfair to myself! Now, I am left with no pics of my childhood!

But hey, like most happy-ending fairy tale, by the age of 14, miraculously, my skin tone turned fairer and fairer... and the super stubborn curly hair straightened itself slowly... Most of my relatives were shocked by the change...

And that's why I now love taking pics of my own self, or allow people photographing me... sebab masa kecik tak puas bergambar? kekekee...


p/s: now I wish my skin is a golden tan ;)

21 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so u kiranya ala ala dayang senandung ler ni dulu ye huhuhuhu

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bila puberty hit baru ada perubahan kulit and rambut .. hmm .. so kalau nak golden tan skin gitew kena tunggu andropause ker ... kih 3x

TokNujum

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

Ha yes anonymous~ tepat sekali,
cuma i tak disambar burung garuda :P

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hi Tok Nujum~
tulah kan, kawan2 aku yg comel2 masa kecik tu plak, bila dah besar terbalik kekeke

Tak payat tunggu andropause~,
Sun bathing naked sajork di Gold Coast bulan Febuary nanti OPSS

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hahaha... classic!
Im sure u dont look as bad as described. Maybe sebab time tu kena compare too much!

Cuba compare sekarang? hahaha

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sun bathing naked sajork di Gold Coast ... haiyorr ... mana lak peginya kipas ni ... suddenly overwhelmed by the vapors ... need smelling salts stat!

Iolls tak boleh lah nak sunbathing berbagai .. bukannya jadi golden tan gitew ... lagi macam lobster baru keluar periuk adalah ...

TokNujum

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahdi ,sayang sekali dok pi musnahkan gambar lama tu.Paman ada juga simpan gambar tahun 60an dan 70an.Those fond memories really nostalgic.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger akupunyahal said...

wahdi: haaa keluar juga entry yang uols cita kat iols kan.. but as u said before it was a miracle... Tuhan nak bagi u rezeki.. and hopefully what ever the gift that has been given to u.... you will use it wisely...

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Irwan said...

Its ok ku, U stil have it in ur mind.. Even u dont have one to share but U have clearly in you..

Well, look at you now! Always look good with your nice hair cut from the saloon Director, tan skin (turn to golden once in a while.. Nanti lama2 permanent la tu) and perfect dress where ever you go.. Kamu hanya hilang gambar ur old Wahdi, u still have the SAME Wahdi for us! *hugs*

 
At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hayoh perlu kew chantek chantek mata purper ittew dipanggil anak orang minyak! Keji taw!

Iols tetap sayang uols sebab uols berhati mulia ala ala Princess Diana ittew.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger :: NbC :: said...

tak pe wahdi.. look doesnt count, janji ati baikkkk...

kan kan kan kan... ;-)

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger adibah said...

wahdi.. golden tan? ala2 kak mariah carey gittew.. ;-)

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hi Aziz, haiyoo yes..i mase kecik mmg nampak spt yg i ckp, tapi pikir2 kali, bukan ke ezotik kan? kekeke

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hi tok nujum, hahahaha
Anyway, u kena spray lah pakai sun bathing lotion, ha, barulah kuar kaler bronze yg cantik mcm kuda!
bukan lobster hehehe

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hi Paman, tulah amat syg, budak lagi masa tu, tak tahu apa, heheh
ha sekarang dah besar manyak menyesal :(

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hi Malim~
yes, kuar juga akhirnya~~~
tulah bila tgk entry irwan baru terpikir nak wat entry ;)

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hi ku~~~ thnx utk kata2 ittew~~ *terharu*

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hi anonymous~
yes uols dikatanya iols anak org minyak occay!
*sentap sgt masa tu

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hi Kak pinky~~
yes, tepat sekali!!! ;)

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hi Kak adibah~~
Yes ala2 mcm tu uols~
Tp itu versi pompuan bronze yg lite sgt, i nak kaler mcm david beckham tu ekekeke

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger bem69 said...

Fuh lepas ni aku lak buat entry masa bebudak camne rupe heheh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home