Friday, August 17, 2007

Dont Play-Play


Image hosting by Imageshack.us
The drinking bottle


I went to the neighbourhood Giant hypermarket to get some groceries a few days ago.
And one of the items, is a pack of Milo .

On the packaging, it states that a drinking bottle will be given as a freebie for every purchase. Upon checking out my purchases, I proceeded to the redemption counter to get my free bottle.

The personnel manning the counter said, "Sorry the bottle has finished sir". And I went, "What? Finish?? Then how come you are still selling the Milo?? Each pack comes with a free bottle, right??"

With real arrogant expression, he insisted, "No! No! No more stock! It has finished!!"

He shouldn't have played with me... I just luv to handle this kind of situations!

I replied, "So, not even a relacement for the gift?" Annoyed, he said, "NO!!"

Fine! But I still wanted to fight for the bottle *anyway aku bukan nak sgt pun bottle tu, hodoh rupanya. Really, the bottle is not what I wanted... It's my right as a customer to it, that's what i really wanted! And I am not one who would tolerate anyone messing around with customers' rights!


OK, let's play the game!!!

I give him a signal to return my receipt that he was still looking at, when suddenly, the store's supervisor came by with a few big boxes. Still not satisfied, I asked the supervisor, "How come you are still selling this item when the promised gift item is out of stock?"

The supervisor said, "No, we still have the bottles, sir."

I snapped back at him, "Why did your staff say it is no longer available?"

The supervisor opened one of the boxes and gave me a bottle, "Sorry sir, I just brought out a new batch!"

And I gave the counter staff a stare, and guess what he said? "You are so lucky sir! Luckily we still have it! Nasib baik!" and gave me a big sweet smile... (I swear it was a smile to conceal his embarassment!)

I looked at him and said: "APA NASIB-NASIB??? Ingat kerja main2 ke??????"

He looked shocked, thinking I would buy his friendly disposition infront of his supervisor...

Before I left, I told the supervisor, "He treated me so bad, and said that the bottle has finished" *pucat terus mamat kat kaunter tu!!!

See, it only shows that the counter staff was not alert on his job. It was so easy for him to say something he wasn't sure of... How is that right?

So , don't play-play...

9 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, Blogger ZEYN, THE PERPETUAL STRANGER said...

wahdi,

'garang' la you! hehe...

have a fab weekend!

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kad Platinum lakukah di Giant uolls. Ingat laku di Cold Storage sajork. *Guling guling lari*.

Uolls, Giant ittew sangat HAZAB customer servicenya occay! Sebab ittew better pergy Mydin di sebelah ittew.

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wahdi.paman pun pernah mengalami same experience.Dengan Carrefour dekat rumah.Lepas solat Isyak biasa dengan kain pelikat.Longgar sikit senang pergerakan,I buat groceries,That Melayu punya guard perli dengan harsh words.So I BASHED him with English.Terkejut dia .Dia ingat kalau pakai kain ulu mari ka.I did complained to his superior.You know customer always right. Nak pakai kain ihram kita punya suka ah ya...

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger singAsong said...

elo wahdi....aku pun keje customer service line.hehehehe...kalau situation macam ni, aku akan confirm dulu baru akan bagitahu customer apa2 info...tapi setiap doa hari doala tiada customer yang macam wahdi la./

hahahahha

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hi Zeyn, tak garang lah cuma baran sikit je hehee, u too, have a nice weekend!

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hi anonymous,

Perlukah calarkan plat kat supermarket? OPSSS..

Iols biasanya tak ke giant yer, memandangkan jalan ke MYDIN jem, terus lencong ke Giant...tudia pomote mydin, uols dilantik jadi juru cakap kah? *pecuttt

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hi Rio,
Biasalah, ada certain org suka judge sesorg dari pemakaian kan??

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hi Song,
hahaha, ala kalau apa yg customer tu mintak betul apa nak risau kan? ;)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger artisticklytouch said...

kekwatkan jans ittew...baru jadi customer service crew... tapi aku ni jenis tak tuntut hadiah2 nih, bayar terus balik...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home