Sunday, May 06, 2007

Muar and Malacca

I just reached home and am a bit tired...I went back to Muar with my parents last Saturday, and spent my Sunday in Malacca. Nice weekend... Went to Jonker Street in Malacca and the place, as usual, is a good place for real photograpers and wannabes too :P,
I really appreciate their art galleries , old buildings, the rich culture and some catchy stuff.

Jonker Street is an antiques paradise! En Arip was really busy looking for his stuff in the antique shops. From shop to shop, in he went, and out he came, always with a smile! And me? I bought some modern, cute wood carving toys, apart from spending time at the art galleries to see the artists do thier painting. I also managed to get some tips from them ;) I'm not into antiques as they always scare me, especially if I take a close look at them! *penakutnya aku ni!!!

My teenage period spanned across the 90s, and the decor theme that I am into is minimalist, modern and funky... so, I really have no interest in antiques. But I do have a little interest in antique toys such as the aluminum or tin 60s robots, buses and trains. Although their price is affordable, I am really too scared to bring them home... ekekeke (shouldn't have watched Jangan Pandang Belakang, right???)


Image hosting by Imageshack.us
I bought all these :) The wooden carving toys...




Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Don't they look cute?


Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Sourcing for more objects of art.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger zafi said...

JoNkEr sTrEeT?
Wah Nice PlAcE !
i lIke tHe eNvIrOnMeNt tHeRe...
lOtS Of aNtIqUeS CoLlEcTiOn...
qUiTe eXpEnSiVe...
eH WhY DoNt u bUY tHe cOLoRfUl tErOMpAh? vErY NiCe!

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo cute!!!!! suka zirafah-zirafah tu.. comel sangat..

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

Dafi, eh zafi LOL
im not into terompah lah, i suka tgk yg colorfull but tak ingin beli heheh

Walid comel kan!, nanti i belikan kalau u nak!

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger zafi said...

I donT EvEr wEaR It...
sAjA BuAt cOlLeCtIoN...
DaFi? ErK....
vOTeD oUt kAN?
arGh iM So dEpReSsEd!
Exam!!!
Nak PaTuNg tU PrEe Ok Ka?

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger wahdi said...

ooo ingat u pakai gi kuliah LOL
anyway, i suka tgk lah..cute..

tulah Dafi dah out yeay~!

Nak patung tu? leh aje,murah aje patung tu..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home