Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Fine, Rosy Morning...

I woke up a bit late this morning, after a thoroughly deep and quality sleep... Woken up by the smell of roses from the window... Very nice indeed, fragrance of fresh, blossoming roses in my room! I had gone to the neighbourhood hardware shop yesterday to pick up some timber strips for my canvas frame, and accidently bought a pot of beautiful red mini roses from the same place. Ha ha ha... that, shows the feminine side of me, attracted to red roses!

Anyway, I never noticed that the shops around where I live do sell all the art supplies that I need. I bought some timber strips and a piece of canvas
("kain belacu" in Malay) in preparation for my painting. Since I can't find any ready-made 40"x14" stretch canvas, I decided to make one myself. It's cheaper that way, and I get to customize it to my desired measurements. I also got some acryclic paint, undercoat, brushes and I will work on the customized canvas tomorrow. Yeay! I had just completed sketching the layout for my clock painting... Ermmm... I do not wish to make one exactly like the one we saw in Singapore because it would be too straight forward...

I wanted my own idea, my own creation... The clock will be slated in the process flow of the brewing of a cup of esspresso, simplified of course... I can't wait to do the acryclic painting! Tomorrow after work, I will work on the stretch canvas first, and I will share the process here...


Image hosting by Imageshack.us
The view of the bay window from my bed... I had put the pot of roses at the left of the window...



Image hosting by Imageshack.us
This is the pot of roses... As a former Landscape Designer, I am still very much into live plants, although it's just as an interior showpiece in the house...



Image hosting by Imageshack.us
I find this stalk extremely sexy! LOL...



Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Hmmm... sweet smell from the roses...



Image hosting by Imageshack.us
My painting of the "Jambu Gelas" and "Jambu Ball", on the table... still not completely done... :D



Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Rough sketches for the clock painting...



Image hosting by Imageshack.us
The final sketch... This is how the final product will look like... I will place the clock next to the coffee plant... I thought of putting it in the center, but that would be cliche, wouldn't it?



Image hosting by Imageshack.us
These are the timber strips and canvas for my custom-made stretch canvas... If any of you are interested in learning how to make it, wait for tomorrow's entry, ok?


Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Blogger zafi said...

wooooo
roses back to home..
so eerie..
I sent roses and lily to mum on her birthday early April... :)
I like the colors and the smell...
Im not good in drawing... naaah
i still remember did those stuff in primary school... old days..
ahaaa
even i was selected as the best student in arts in Standard 3...LOL
i miss my talent! hahahhaha
keep expressing your ideas and talent k!
keep up a good work!

cheers!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

Zaf, apa yg eerie nya? hahaha

eh u try lah cungkil ur talent back..
rugi!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger gina marna said...

hmm...dah lame jenguk ke cni, br tergerak nak put something... selamat mengembangkan bakat anda yg amat 'cantik' itu.

dulu minat gak melukis & a bit talented...tp itu dulu lar skrg hampess

err sy pon suke rose yg sexy itu...haha

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

hi gina, kiranya silent reader lah gitu ? thanks for keep visiting my blog! rasanya u gina yg kat blog alam kan?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home