Friday, April 13, 2007

Finding the Subject Matter

Remember the coffee cup wallclock that En Arip wanted to buy in Singapore which was not on sale? It has been a long time that I had not used arcrylic and oil paint; so I plan to make an arcrylic painting by next week... So, while I feel like painting acrcylic, I intend to paint it as a coffee art, and make a clock out of it for En Arip... And maybe, another one with the picture of cakes or chocolate, for myself... Will share with you all once I get all the materials, including those for making the clock...

Yesterday, we went to One Utama Shopping Centre for dinner. While window-shopping, I looked around for interesting cakes and chocolates to be the subjects of my paintings. There were a few cute cakes and chocolates, but I am still searching for some truly good ones for my arcrylic paintings.

As for the coffee painting for En Arip's wall clock, I plan to go to a coffee plantation to shoot some photos of the coffee berries.. hmmmmm.....


Image hosting by Imageshack.us
The arcrylic clock that En Arip had wanted to buy, but it was not for sale...



Image hosting by Imageshack.us
So I plan to make an arcrylic painting just like that one...



Image hosting by Imageshack.us
As I was surveying for the subject matter, I was papparazied by En Arip...




Image hosting by Imageshack.us




Image hosting by Imageshack.us
opsss



Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Mini cakes... cute! but not impressive enough to be an object of art...



Image hosting by Imageshack.us
How about this one? i don't think so..



Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Chocolates...Yummy! Which one is suitable?



Image hosting by Imageshack.us
Ending the evening with a drink at Kluang Station...



Image hosting by Imageshack.us
My turn to papparazi En Arip...


I think I need to go to the art supplies shop to get my arcrylic and oil paint by this weekend... I can't wait to dab on the canvas next week!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger zafi said...

the cake,
i forgot the shop name but the cake was hillarious...

the coffee,
you should try it in Kluang...
the pure one!

the chocolate,
Ahaaaa
nice to see nice to hold
once u hold consider sold.. :D

conclusion :
Try all! haha

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hi Zafi, thanks for visiting my blog!
hurmm i luv to paint cakes which look good, and taste good!

Anyway I am still searching for a coffee plantation for my painting. Mana nak cari???

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger zafi said...

hey
do we have coffee plantation in malaysia?
i only knew that it were famous in java, guatemala, brazil...
erk.. i still liked kopi cap hang tuah and kopi sultan johore... :)
erm..
owe u like drawing as it is part of job...
erm... how about nature pics?
go up to the north...
Gurun kedah...
paddy fields, trees, life...:D
Have fun bro...
nice stuff!

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger wahdi said...

Hehehe... We don't really have coffee plantations in Malaysia, but there was one behind my grndmother's house in the kampung... I have not been there a long time... When I was young, I like eating the coffee berries there everytime I went visiting her... They were so sweet!

My favourite coffee... I don't really mind the brand but what's important is, it has to be Arabica, Jamaican Blue Mountain or our local Elephant Beans.

I draw for fun... Just messing around! ;)
actually i'm a multimedia designer..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home